Small Coins (With Pegs) - Fractions Set
These fraction coins are 1-inch diameter. They offer more learning and play with FJ hundred frames as your child places each into the dimples of the boards. This listing is for the coins only, no board or balls are included (only in photos for demonstration).
A pack of 60 coinsSome activity ideas:
• Create a number line of fractions according to their size. Remember the value of the fraction is based on the whole number you start with.
• Learn about Numerators and Denominators. Sort and line up fractions based on their numerators and denominators.
• Use your frame board to show the fraction using balls-- 2/3 can be two red balls and one blue ball.
• Fill up one quadrant of your hundred frame with balls to show 1/4.
• Learn about Equivalent Fractions
• Line up ten wool balls in a few different colors on one line. Ask your child to label the fraction for each colored ball. For instance, there are four pink balls. That's 4/10. There are five blue balls, that's 1/2 or 5/10. And that leaves 1/10 of the balls as the last color, perhaps yellow.
• Use the fraction coins with our Number Coins for creating Mixed Fractions.
• Simplify fractions to convert to smaller denominators.